Concessions In The Community
Family and Service have had great importance to the Russell family. The family history and community were two important components in establishing the H. J. Russell Company and Concessions International, LLC family businesses that have grown to become prominent in today’s business world.
One of the beliefs of the company’s founder, Herman J. Russell, is that "….we have to give to those in need who stand where we once stood and give them a helping hand to help them achieve their goals. This can be done through gifts to the individual,
groups or organizations."
‘CI Cares’ serves as the theme to the community service projects and initiatives that the company participates in. The company encourages its employees active participation in educational, political, social and civic organizations.
CI Cares has adopted community service initiatives at each airport location. The following partnerships are examples of how CI is making an impact in the communities in which we serve:
- Kaboom Build a Playground
- Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Back to School Back Pack Stuffers Program
- Habitat for Humanity
- Single Mothers of Color
- Latin American Education Foundation
- The Boys & Girls Club of Southeastern Michigan
- Educational Services District Youth Workforce Program
- The Highline School District: Golf Tournament Sponsor
- James P. Beckwork Mountain Club: Outdoor Education Center
- African American Leadership Institute
- Relay for Life
- Project Homeless Connect, U.S. Virgin Islands